<$BlogMetaDat/***************************************/ a$>

Monday, February 02, 2004

SUVs and the Draft

Here's my thought:
The increase in SUV sales is intended to provide a future industrial base for the production of military vehicles. Specifically, Humvees. I do not think it is too hard to retool an assembly line to produce a different make of car. This is the assumption that Antony Sutton uses (see the Sun Feb 01 entry). I can't back this up right now, but is it too much of a stretch to assume that any of the SUV plants could make a military SUV? Yeah, I'm right on this.
So, here's a little speculation: We have a massive industrial base for equipment used by the army. Everyone knows how to drive at age 18. Half of em know how to handle an SUV. Everyone has good reflexes owing to game playing. (That's just a sideline, not crucial to this argument.) It seems to me that everything needed for a fast mobilization of a drafted ARMY is in place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home